- CPU again, make sure it's fully seated down in the socket.
- Boot system only with power supply attached, NOTHING
else attached - no RAM, no peripherals attached via power or data cables (no DVD/CD,
HDD, floppy etc) nothing.
- Boot & see if you get beep error or stop error codes with no RAM in the MB.
- If you get beep codes try putting the ram back in to see if
system recognizes the RAM, then try test RAM with memtest in the PC or a different PC:
http://www.memtest.org/ or Windows memory tester:
- If RAM is good, connect one peripheral at a time and test
boot; 1st the HDD, then Floppy (if you have one), then DVD/CD ROM
Just another stupid saying...