|"...made a new computer..." - all NEW parts I assume? |
Q: Does the whole system freeze, or just the web browser or applications?
Q: What type of Anti-Virus are you using?
Q: Are you using a 3rd party software firewall? If yes, which one, what version?
Q: Make/Model of HDD?
If you suspect the HDD, you should test your HDD with the free manufacturers hard drive utility available from the hard drive manufacturers website to make bootable floppies or CDs to thoroughly test your hard drive surface area, mechanics and electronics:
- Seagate/Maxtor (Maxtor acquired by Seagate): Seatools.
- Western Digital: DataLifeguard.
- Fujitsu: Fujitsu Drive Test (FJDT).
- Hitachi/IBM: Hitachi Drive Fitness (HDFT).
- Samsung: (HUTIL).
- Toshiba (Fujitsu, Samsung or Hitachi utilities may work).
RE FREEZING System, see Response #1 here:
Just another stupid saying...