Computer Case IO Shield Adapter

June 26, 2013 at 07:27:39
Specs: Windows 7, 2GB
Hi, I'm looking for a IO shield adapter that consists only of the IO connectors genders on both sides. Reason being: I want to connect custom motherboards that are not ATX standards. Mostly ARM boards. A lot, if most, do not have ATX standard IO panels.

If anyone is capable of building one, please contact me. I will pay for parts and labour.

See More: Computer Case IO Shield Adapter

Report •

June 26, 2013 at 08:15:05
You want to put small ARM boards in standard ATX cases? Do these boards come with some sort of I/O shield? If they do, it seems to me all you'd need is a rectangular piece of light gauge sheet metal big enough to "blank" the cutout in the case. Then all you'd have to do is determine the postion needed for the ARM I/O shield & cut the appropiate size hole in the blank.

Report •

June 26, 2013 at 09:41:27
It doesn't work in all cases. A lot of boards have ports all around them, some only have a single USB and HDMI port. I could mount a USB on a sepwrate board if I wanted to and plug in where I saw fit on the IO shield adapter.

Report •
Related Solutions

Ask Question