|Things to look for: |
- Was unit dropped, subjected to electrical spike?
- Is it Blue Screening or just powering off?
- Any error messages on screen?
- Any lights blinking, glowing on system? Any blinking light patterns/codes?
- Any sounds - beeps, beep codes, loud fans, grinding noises (fans or hard drives).
- Any smells from system - smoke, electrical?
- Check AC outlet unit is plugged into.
- Battery condition - is battery OK & charging?
- Check Power supply (test voltage and on another laptop if possible), cords, connectors (male). Test PSU on another laptop if possible.
- Test laptop power switch.
- Check AC power connector (female connector) on the motherboard (sometimes the connections break/crack).
- Motherboard (pull & inspect), check fans for debris, sticking or rough movement (bad bearings).
- Test HDD (may have to do this in another laptop or USB HDD adapter).
- Test RAM - pull RAM, test boot system to see if it recognizes lack of RAM. Add 1 Ram module back in one slot, test boot. Switch that ram module to other ram slot, test boot; do the same with any other RAM modules you have etc.
- Test/pull DVD/CD ROMS, floppy drives (if older unit).
MOOOOooove! OH and you're welcome!