|Hi guys I've seen a million similar threads on here but can't seem to make head or tail of them...|
Board: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. GAMA770UD3
Bus Clock: 200 megahertz
BIOS: Award Software International, Inc. F9g 07/08/2010
3.10 gigahertz AMD Athlon II X2 255
256 kilobyte primary memory cache
1024 kilobyte secondary memory cache
Multicore (2 total)
So here goes-
After replacing the CMOS battery, I now get past the gigabyte splash screen and it hangs at the
"CMOS checksum error - defaults loaded..... <F1>: continue, <del>: BIOS setup" page... which i assume is natural. However my keyboard is unresponsive.
1. Keyboard is unresponsive in Gigabyte splash (however if i press F1/Del/F12 etc, it will hang forever and not proceed to CMOS error screen)
2. If i press nothing during gigabyte splash- it will proceed to CMOS error screen, but keyboard remains unresponsive.
3. Attempted working USB wireless, USB wired, USB with PS/2 adapter and PS/2 keyboards, all of which light up and caps/numlock light are responsive. But all failed to affect anything. (except making the gigabyte splash screen hang- indicating signal???)
4. Have no problem nuking the machine- have nothing on HDD of value
5.Tried resetting CMOS with Jumper.
6.Tried using PS/2 in mouse port (as suggested on some other threads)
7. Tried disconnecting everything except GPU (only way I can see whats going on) and limiting to 1 ram slot.
Im just trying to work out if there is some thing im missing that you guys will all say- derrrrr just "unscrew the combobulator dumbass".
Is my PS/2 port fried? Would lights turning on on the keyboard indicate it is working? Is there a command to boot from Windows disk without entering BIOS?....
Thanks in advance