Broken piece on my laptop. Can it be fixed?

April 20, 2012 at 18:34:33
Specs: Windows Vista
Not sure how to fix my laptop or if it can be fixed. One of the little metallic hooks on the the actual laptop (not on the key) where the space bar latches on to is broken so I can't attach the key. Is there a way to fix that?

See More: Broken piece on my laptop. Can it be fixed?

Report •

April 20, 2012 at 21:17:19
There is no way to replace that hook, sorry. You will have to replace the keyboard. They are not too expensive so that is good.

Report •

April 21, 2012 at 01:41:42
Hi Morsmorde, expanding on Gretti's reply above.

You should always advise make and model for whatever is giving problems, it can help responders a lot.

Generally a keyboard from the laptop maker can be expensive. Research Amazon or Ebay for compatibles which are far less costly. Buy new, not used.

There is probably a youtube video showing how to change the keyboard.

It might be possible to repair the old keyboard, but as Gretti advised replacements are not expensive. Keep it for spares 'just in case'.

As a matter of interest, where are you based? I am in Hammersmith, West London.

Please advise back on progress.

Good Luck - Keep us posted.

Report •
Related Solutions

Ask Question