|"i performed the alt e f b steps"|
Where does it say to do that? Follow the instructions exactly:
1. Restart the computer & press F2 to get into the BIOS.
2. Press the Caps Lock, Num Lock & Scroll Lock keys so they're all lit up on the keyboard.
3. Press the Alt & E keys at the SAME TIME. The system will beep once to let you know that the NVRAM has been cleared.
4. Press the Esc key and then the Enter key to save the changes. Reboot.
I'm adding the following:
5. after the reboot, press F2 to access the BIOS again. Run thru ALL the settings & reconfigure them as necessary, save & exit.