Backlight for emachine eView17s CRT monitor

March 16, 2011 at 10:36:48
Specs: Windows XP
I've been looking for a backlight for an old emachines monitor... Model # - eView17s, Chassis # - C718, Mfg.Date:2002. Does anyone know where I can find one, and how hard is it to replace one?

See More: Backlight for emachine eView17s CRT monitor

Report •

March 16, 2011 at 13:33:03
That is the dumbest labeling I have seen in a while. That display appears to be an LCD type but is labeled CRT (Cathod Ray Tube), which is the older style tube type monitor.

I would recommend you just bin that unit. Not worth what you will spend to fix it.

I retract the above. The second link below shows a CRT monitor with that model number. If that is the case there is no backlight.

Report •

March 16, 2011 at 17:47:14
To : OtheHill
Yes, the second link(CRT) is the one I have. I don't think I paid that much for the whole system about 8 yrs ago!
All the picture images are real dark and can barley see them. Do you mean it doesn't have a backlight, or one isn't available?

Report •

March 16, 2011 at 18:23:05
It doesn't have a backlight. CRT stands for Cathod Ray Tube. It has a picture tube.

Report •
Related Solutions

Ask Question