|Aspire M1100 will not boot up. |
The computer was giving problems prior to this.
It gave an error "can not detect primary or secondary drives" ,then seem to stop reponding all together, this information was provided to me from my daughter. Since then she has brought the computer to my house.
When the computer is plugged in it tries to boot, what I mean is the fans come on the "ON" light comes on but that is then end of it. There is nothing showing on the monitor and there are no beep codes heard during start up.
Here is what I have done.
1) I have tested the power supply with a plug in tester, it indicates all supplied voltages are OK.
2) I have disconnected every thing, hard drive, and dvd writer player.
3) I have removed and reinstalled the two sticks of ram.
4) I have visually inspected the motherboard for any bad capacitors. None found.
5) Have searched for similar problem, can not find similar problem.
I have a feeling the motherboard is dead.
What do you think?
Never say Never Romeo Void
Firefox 3.0.x A Safer Browser