asus gaming desk top, HP 24 in monitor

December 25, 2009 at 09:39:48
Specs: Windows XP
The Asus has no purple connection in the back, the monitor has a purple connector, how do I connect this monitor?

See More: asus gaming desk top, HP 24 in monitor

Report •

December 25, 2009 at 10:48:43
U better mention the board name plus monitor name.

Report •

December 25, 2009 at 10:55:34
The Asus is the PC CG5290 with two long thin white connectors in the back

The Monitor is the HP w2338h with a long purple cord to connect to the PC, there is no place for the purple cord to connect to

Report •

December 25, 2009 at 13:15:32
Your trying to connect your monitor to your pc and u can't find where to put the cable?I google your desktop and it comes with graphic card(260 gtx dvi connector) and the monitor has 1 hdmi connecter plus one vga connector, what u need to do is find dvi to vga adapter.Next time look for monitor with both vga and dvi connectors

Report •

Related Solutions

December 25, 2009 at 13:31:56
Oh my gosh I am so confused, I am sure you are exactly correct. I appreciate the help especially on Christmas. However I have no idea what you are speaking about. I am the mom, the computer is for my son. He knows a little but not enough to understand this message, The picture of the monitor in the directions shows two versions 1. the purple to purple connection. (VGA)I do not have the purple built into the server. The second picture is HDMI ? and shows a cable that did not come with the server or the monitor. Do I buy a cable that will connect the two? What is the DVI to VGA connector you are speaking of? Is this something I can purchase that will connect the two. ? Do I ask for DVI to VGA? Should I take anything with me to the store Best Buy where I purchased the two? They told me nothing about not being able to set this up myself for my son. Thanks for all of your expertise and time.......truly.

Report •

December 25, 2009 at 15:25:32
Here are pictures of the 3 main type of monitor connections commonly in use:




Which are you asking about?

Our guess is that you need a DVI to VGA adapter:


Report •

December 25, 2009 at 15:32:30
Your are fabulous thanks so much for your precious time.
The monitor has the VGA, the computer has two of the DVI and no VGA, they both have the HDMI
So should I buy the converter for the VGA to plug into the DVI, I think that is what you are telling me I can do. Thank you again for all of the help, I hope to be able to get this adapter if that is what I need tomorrow.

Report •

December 25, 2009 at 15:33:00
OK, I just looked at your monitor specs:

HP w2338h 23" Diagonal Full HD Widescreen LCD Monitor

It states:

What's in the box?

• Monitor
• Power cable
VGA cable
• Audio cable
• CD with instructions
• Warranty card

Signal Input Connector VGA and HDMI; Analog: 15-pin miniature D-sub (VGA cable included); HDMI: Version 1.3 (HDMI cable not included); NDCP

So more than likely you will need the Adapter that I listed in my other response.

Report •

December 25, 2009 at 15:35:24
You already have the VGA cable, it was included in the box. Your choices are either to buy a DVI to VGA adapter & use the cable you have, or buy a HDMI to HDMI cable.

Adapter - approx $11

">Cable - approx $13

The cable will give you a better picture.

Report •

December 25, 2009 at 15:36:47
Wonderful, I will pick one up as soon as possible. I am so glad I do not have to bring back all that stuff the day after Christmas. I do not know who you are but you are blessed to have such patience and to help all of us moms out who have no idea what we are trying to do..........God bless. Dottie

Report •

Ask Question