Solved Connect Amp to Laptop Which adapter to use???

January 27, 2013 at 18:00:49
Specs: Windows 8, Pentium 987 1.5 GHz
Hi, I have a sound system that I plug microphones, guitars, etc. into. The amp for the system has it's own "mixing board" for each item plugged in.

My goal is to be able to record the sound from this system on my laptop. In the past, I used a tape deck to do this, but I want to create mp3's instead.

The amp has RCA style (red/white) audio in & out ports. The laptop on the other hand has only one 3.5mm headphone jack, which also is used as a microphone jack. I know it works for both because I can plug my headphones into it that have a built in microphone on them, and the headphones as well as the microphone work all from one plug in the laptop.

What do I need for a wire and/or adapter to connect these devices?


See More: Connect Amp to Laptop Which adapter to use???

Report •

January 27, 2013 at 23:15:34
✔ Best Answer
You will need to have a cable made up at a local radio repair/component shop.
Or may be available "off the shelf" in large audio equipment stores.
3.5mm stereo jack at one end - - RCA red/white at the other end.

Report •
Related Solutions

Ask Question