|Technically, there is no 1:1 ratio to be concerned about on an AMD system because there's no FSB. Besides, 240MHz is pretty darn good for DDR400. At least you know what's capable of, now it's time to overclock the "right" way.|
I believe the Opteron 170 runs at 2.0GHz (10 x 200MHz) by default...I'm guessing you're running it at 2.4GHz (10 x 240MHz)?
I don't know about DFI's BIOS terminology, but try this:
- lower the RAM setting to 166MHz
- lower the HT multi to 3x** (see note)
- lock the PCIe at 100MHz
- disable all Spread Spectrum settings
- keep the CPU multi at 10x
- start with the CPU freq at 240MHz & increase it in 5-10MHz increments, booting into Windows & testing for stability after each increase. With the above settings, the RAM shouldn't become an issue until you hit about 280-285MHz.
NOTE: if the CPU freq peters out anywhere between 240-270MHz, raise the HT multi to 4x.