|After 2 weeks on searching the net, I'm hoping someone here has a clue on how to solve this problem.|
Yahoo Messenger (latest version) uses between 98%-100% of my CPU cycles, but ONLY with my main screen name. When I log on with other screen names, it behaves normally.
I have contacted Yahoo, but as you can imagine, they are worthless as all they know how to do is send out form letters that they are checking into your problem. This has been going on for almost a month.
What else have I done:
- I ran my antivirus - clean
- I ran several malware/spyware cleaners - ok
- I removed plugins found in Yahoo Plugins
- I have removed and reinstalled Yahoo messenger several times
- I disconnected my physical connection to my NIC and shutdown my cable modem and router for an entire night, then restarted in the morning - nothing
The reason for all this. YM isn't working properly. When I am logged in (not in invisible mode), I can send messages to online friends, they receive the IM, but when the respond, they get a message that I am offline and that my message will be viewed by me the next time I log on. If I log off and back on right away, by george, the messages are there waiting for me.
Again, any help or suggestions or other things I could try would be appreciated.