I face the problem of copying user profiles on window XP. I have Auser account I want to copy the A's profile to Buser. I following all the steps but when I log into Buser account as administrator, I can open/access all programs. but when I set back the admin to restricted user, even the desktop also change, outlook express cannot open(no identity), and some of the setting also (I thought not copying). Please check the following steps I do:
- create new B user as admin, change it to local profile, restart and relog in, restart again
- create new C user as admin (for dummy account for copy profiles A to B) change to local profile, restart relogin , restart
- login A as administrator ( local profile, size 13 MB)
- login as C users to start copy
- Log in with C user, highlight on A copy to B user. wait for the system copy. I notice that after copying the B profile size is still 1.07 MB, its look like not copy
but after I restart and log into B user account as admin everything is okey. But when I change to restricted user and login its look like become different. Pls help and advice. Thanks.