|Why would you reinstall Windows rather than fixing the problem?|
- temporarily disable System Restore. All restore points will be lost, but it doesn't sound like you have any anyway. Reboot.
- after the reboot, re-enable System Restore again but only on the primary partition. Then move the slider to the left until it hits approx 500MB, that's plenty.
- uninstall AVG & everything that came with it - PC Tuneup, the stupid AVG toolbar, & anything else. Reboot, then run CCleaner.
- install Microsoft Security Essentials to replace AVG. Get it from here:
- can't help you with the sound drivers because I have no idea which soundcard or onboard audio chip you have (that's why you're supposed to list your complete specs). Make absolutely sure you've downloaded the correct driver before you attempt to install it.