|Well after three days and not much sleep, a whiole lot of reading and some hair pulling, I have fixed the problem. :)|
The registry was corrupt. Thus stopping Windows from loading.
This is how I fixed it -
1. Create a Boot CD. Instructions here - http://www.ubcd4win.com/howto.htm
if you are having problems with the build (I did) there are some very clever chaps at the forum over there who are very helpful.
2. Make sure you follow the rules regarding your version of Windows - I had XPSP1 installation disk so my rules were here - http://www.ubcd4win.com/faq.htm#sp1a
3. I had to 'slipstream' my SP1 with SP2 for the boot cd build - here's how - http://www.ubcd4win.com/slipstream.htm
4. I had to make a few adjustments to the plug-ins - it will depend on what errors you get when trying to build the iso. Again, I suggest you do a lot of reading at the forums.
5. I finally had a completed ISO image to burn as the boot cd. Burn it slowly so mistakes are less likely. I used Nero but there are other options.
Here's how to burn - http://www.ubcd4win.com/burn.htm
6. Now I had the boot cd I followed these instructions here - http://www.technibble.com/how-to-fi...
7. After I had Windows back and running, I formated the drive and reinstalled Windows, just to be sure.
So I managed to beat that hacker scumbag who tried to destroy my computer, and it only cost me one blank cd.
Thanks again for all the helpful posts guys, much appreciated!