| To format your hard drive|
1) Insert the Windows installation CD into the CD drive. Make sure that there are no other disks in the computer, and restart.
2. At the "Welcome to Setup" screen, press the Enter key to set up Windows.
3) Press the C key to continue setup.
4)Press the F8 key to agree to the license.
5) Press the C key to create a partition.
8) Enter the size of the partition, or just press the Enter key to use maximum size.
7) Select the "New" option, and press the Enter key.
8) Select NTFS or FAT file system
9) Follow the prompts format the hard drive in Windows XP continue the Windows installation.
But after formatting you lost all the data then you can recover your formatted data with the help of Stellar windows data recovery software. It can recover data from formatted, lost or deleted from any hard drives.