|I cannot get checkdisk to run other than in read-only mode. If I just do a scan, it says it is complete, but gives me no information at all. I've checked the event log for "winlogon" (or anything else), but there is nothing there about checking the disk. If I tell it to fix errors, it will not run. Nothing happens.|
Things I have tried:-
1) Setting it to run, then restarting into safe mode (so nothing can load before it and block it from running).
2) Loading into safe mode, then setting it to run and restarting (so that no software can block creation of the registry entry for running on next restart).
3) Running chkdsk /x (so that it will unmount the disk, so that nothing can stop it from running).
4) A combination of all 3 of the above.
5) Setting the dirty bit (having checked the drive, it was "clean", now I have set the dirty bit, but nothing has happened, other than the disk is now "dirty").
Why is it not running? How can I get it to run? Why does it not give me any info when it runs in read-only mode?