|OK i just found this post from a long time ago, this is the best way to describe my exact problems|
ok i got into safe mode. and i went to system restore and its still telling me
the same thing, window pops "To open this file, Windows needs to know
what program created it. . . ." During safe mode was absolutely no
different then normal.. nothing opened.
- main programs will not open and the same window pops up
- anything on the control panel will not open
- system restore will not open
- ANYTHING i try to download will not open
- all icons on desktop do not appear as their own.
- safe mode doesn't help one bit
- the only way i can get to the internet is if i click on a program for that
same window to pop up to give me the option to browse the web service.
The only difference is that if i go to something like windows defender or so, then when i browse for it if i find it then it will run, but most other things will say error win32 or something like that, or i just cant find it. I am slow with computers so hang tight. I was on last night and it was fine, then i got on today and everything was screwed up. I now have internet connection because netgear was another one of the things i could get to load, but like system restore or avast antivirus, no luck. Basically very few things load.