Just need help regarding my problem with my computer at home.
It has been infected with a virus and none of any AVs was able to clean it.
Here are the things that are happening on my computer:
1. After the Windows Welcome Screen, I can see my wallpaper but there are no icons and task bar. Checking with Task Manager, explorer is running but even after ending and restarting the process still doesn't show it. However, when I go to Run a new task and type: %systemroot% rstrui.exe magically the desktop icons and the task bar appears.
2. No Network connections can be established. It says that the LAN is connected but there is no connection when you try to browse
3. Computer shuts down when you try to go to the command prompt
4. Safe Mode also has the same problem
5. In the windows folder, there are lots of .txt items with KBXXX (where X can be any number)
6. Booting with the Windows XP CD to try to repair the installation, error says that there are no IDE drives detected, but the BIOS detects the HDD. Booting normally into windows and putting the XP CD doesn't have any problems, but after after the files have been copied for update, the computer won't continue the process
7. USB ports are disabled and device manager doesn't show any devices.
There are important files that I need to get from the computer especially work related ones. I just need to check if there is a work around for this temporarily so that I can back-up my files.
Thanks a bunch for the help guys!