|My understanding of the situation based on some of the scattered bits of information from several posts are as follows.|
1. There are two PCs with Windows XP Pro SP2.
2. The Problem is inability to access the INTERNET when the 2 PCs are networked using Microsoft Wired Base Station (MN-100)
3. The ISP is Verizon DSL who has provided
Westell Model 2110 Modem.
I am assuming it is one of the Westell Dual Connect modems that can use both USB and Ethernet at the same time PROVIDED the ISP provides two separate IP numbers.
I presume ISP may not be giving that privilege.
Based on my assumptions you may try the following:
A. Connect one pc to the Westell Model 2110
in the following manner.
1. Connect the Power cable to the Westell Model 2110 and the other end to the Wall socket or better still to a Surge protector's socket (the latter for protection of the modem).
2. Connect the RJ11 phone jack to RJ11 Phone socket at the back of the modem and the other end to the Wall Phone socket.
IMPORTANT: DO NOT CONNECT the Filter to this Phone Jack. You have to connect Filter(s) to other Home phone socket(s) to avoid interference between phone and Computer data signals
3.Connect the Provided Ethernet Cable's RJ45 Connector to the RJ45 Socket of Modem's back and the other end to the RJ45 socket of NIC (LAN Card)at the back of the PC tower.
Watch the 3 LED lights lit up .
Login to the INTERNET as per Verizon Instruction.
Now you must have one PC connected to the Internet Via DSL
B.Next Connect the Router.
1.Shut down both the PCs.
2. Turn off the Modem by disconnecting the Power cable from Westell Model 2110.
3. The Microsoft Wired Base station (MN-100) must be turned off by removing its Power cable from its socket.
4. Remove the end of the Ethernet cable from the PC 1 and connect it to the the RJ45 socket marked To Modem
5. Take the 2 other Ethernet cables you must be having and connect one end connector of each to the Router's RJ45 socket marked 1 and 2 respectively
6. Connect the opposite end connector of cable from port 1 to RJ45 socket of NIC of PC# 1 and the cable 2's RJ45 connector to the NIC socket in PC #2
7. Connect the Power cable to Westell Model 2110 and then the power cable to Microsoft Wired Base station (MN-100) and Restart both PCs.
8. Now try to connect each PCs to the Internet independently using their browsers.
If you have a problem to connect to the Net, then you may be having a Modem-Router combination from Verizon and with their help you may have to reconfigure it into a Modem and Switch.
If no problem then you can network the two PCs which you seem to know. If you have difficulty, post back for more help.