|Download and install the Windows Installer CleanUp utility:|
Now launch Windows Installer CleanUp ("Start > All Programs > Windows Install Clean Up"), find any QuickTime entries in the list of programs in CleanUp, select those entries, and click “remove”.
Manually remove any leftover QuickTime program files:
(1) Open Local Disk (C:) in Computer or whichever disk programs are installed on.
(2) Open the Program Files folder.
(3) Right-click the QuickTime folder and select Delete and choose Yes when asked to confirm the deletion. (Note: This folder may have already been deleted if QuickTime was successfully removed using Add/Remove Programs earlier.)
(4) Delete the QuickTime and QuicktimeVR files located in the C:\Windows\system32\ folder. Click Continue if Windows needs confirmation or permission to continue. (Note: These files may have already been deleted if QuickTime was successfully removed using Add/Remove Programs earlier.)
(5) Right-click on the Recycle Bin and on the shortcut menu, click Empty Recycle Bin.
(7) Restart your computer.