Im slowly going bonkers over this. I get the dreaded:
"One of the files containing the system's registry data had to be recovered by one of a log or alternate copy. The recovery was successful."
This comes up twice as soon as the login icons appear on startup. A beep is heard on each one. Sometimes itll appear once when doing something while logged in (but no beep). It appeared when I was doing a system restore point if thats a clue. :-/
I have ruled out the following:
* Ram is fine (tested with other sticks)
* HD is fine (ran chkdsk, defrag, maxtor disk utility and spinrite)
* Checked for the KB840987 hotfix which I dont have. Its been known to cause it.
* Disabled system restore and rebuilt virtual page file.
* Done virus and spybot scans.
Tried various "fixes" to no avail such as replacing the ntuser.dat with a new one, restarting then put the old one back.
What I have found though, is the error DOESNT come up if I disable one of the login account. Unfortunately its one I need.
Nothing seems affected by the error but its not good to have anyway.
So Im asking, can I somehow rebuild the registry settings for that disabled account or use some kind of logging to see what keys are affected?
Help much appreciated, Ive been at this for 2 days now!