Sent newsletter (in Outlook) but cannot open

May 12, 2009 at 01:48:52
Specs: Windows XP
Hi, I was wondering if you could help me! I'm having problems opening up links in an email newsletter I created.

I coded a newsletter in html on Dreamweaver (and put it on our local server- so it is uploaded on our webpage server) and previewed it in the browser (Internet Explorer). I then went:
File > Send > Page by email ...
This popped up in Outlook and to test it I sent this to myself and my work colleagues. When they opened it up though, the links I had put in there did not work?
A page popped up with an error message.
I was just wondering if anyone knew why this was and whether I'm missing something really obvious!
Any help would be appreciated!
Thank you


See More: Sent newsletter (in Outlook) but cannot open

Report •


#1
May 12, 2009 at 05:19:56
Would help if you provided more information. Where do the links point? What happens when they are clicked?

EEOC


Report •

#2
May 12, 2009 at 06:39:51
When you click on the links they take you to the appropriate part of the newsletter- so not to any new site or anything like that. it literally automatically scrolls down for you and takes you to the start of the article you clicked on (immediately does this)
when you click it the "this page cannot be displayed" appears in Internet Explorer :S

Report •

#3
May 12, 2009 at 18:13:17
You never answered Poster #1's first question: "Where do the links point?".

You answered where you WANT the links to point, NOT where they actually DO point... and therein, I would guess, is the problem/answer.

You state that YOU coded a newsletter, but more accurately put, it is Dreamweaver that coded your newsletter. So check the "raw" HTML coding (in a text program, like Notepad), and I suspect you will discover the source of your problem: the "location/path tag" is wrong.


Report •

Related Solutions

#4
May 13, 2009 at 00:35:16
"when you click it the "this page cannot be displayed" appears in Internet Explorer :S "

Ummm... that's where the links actually point! (so i said that!)
And I have looked at the code in notepad- I have changed things in the code there (so i have i suppose, co-coded it!) - the location seems fine- I'm working through the problem at the moment, I think I may have found my solution!


Report •


Ask Question