|XP Recovery Version 1 - XP Recovery Version 2|
Recovery Version 2
• Startup your Computer and Press the F10 key during boot at the beginning
• or from the Start menu select:
o Start > All Programs > Compaq > Compaq PC Tools > Compaq System Recovery or
o Start > All Programs > Compaq > Compaq Presario PC Tools > Compaq System Recovery or
o Start > All Programs > PC Help & Tools > Compaq System Recovery.
Windows® XP will restart (a reminder to use System Restore might appear - click Yes to continue the restart).
The PC will load the Compaq System Recovery. In the recovery program there are 2 methods which can be used to recover the PC:
• Non-Destructive System Recovery. This should restore the system without affecting the user's data. Please note that the stored user data may not be immediately visible and may be stored in a separate folder on the hard disk within the Documents & Settings folder after recovery. This occurs normally when User Accounts have been used and modified.
o Press Next. The user is prompted to try System Restore first. Press Yes. Recovery will now begin.
• Destructive System Recovery. This method will format the hard drive and remove any personal data and applications. This will use a Quick Format only.
o Click Advanced Options from the first recovery screen shown. Press Next to begin.
On starting either recovery method there will be a reminder to use System Restore if possible, click Yes to continue. The Destructive System Recovery will have a final warning about data loss, click Yes.
Recovery Version 1
• Set your Bios so that the first boot device is the DVD
• Place your restore disc one in your DVD drive.
• Restart or start up your computer.
• Select Option 4 – Factory Restore
• Warning screen will appear, read this and press enter to continue.
• System will now restore. When finished you will be prompted to reboot, remove the restore CD and press enter.