|Usually, the user's manual will contain instructions to re-set BIOS passwords. |
It generally involves the following steps:
1. Power down then unplug system
2. Move jumper on motherboard. (consult user's manual for location)
4. Power-up system - (Password now removed).
5. Power down then unplug system.
6. Move motherboard jumper back to original position.
Manufacturers usually don't ship new systems with hard copy manuals anymore. You'll need to see if they've been installed in a folder under Start->All Programs. If not, you may need to visit the Support section of the Gateway website to access PDF versions of the user's manual(s).