|I've been trying to go through the steps to fix the |
whole NTLDR thing after I reinstalled my OS, but I'm
getting stuck somewhere.
1. I start the computer, click F10 to get the Boot
2. I choose to boot from the CD-ROM, which has the
Operating System Disc in it. I click Enter.
3. It asks me to "Select a Boot First device", but
there is only one choice, which I'm assuming is the
name attributed to my CD drive:
Ch0 M. : TSSTcorpCD/DVDW TS-H652D. I click
4. Lots of writing appears on the screen, at the bottom
it says "Verifying DMI Pool Data, then there is a
prompt that says "Boot from CD:" with a blinking
cursor for a few seconds, then it says "Click R to start
Recovery". I do that.
5. I get another choice: Press R to start System
Recovery and something about partitions if they are
available, or Press Q to quit and start the OS from the
hard drive. I press R.
6. A generic Gateway screen comes up for several
seconds, then I'm at the System Restore program
where I have to choose Full Restore (destructive) or
Backup Restore or something. That's where I keep
I know I have to press 1 to choose an installation
somewhere so that I can enter the commands, but it
doesn't seem that I ever get to it. What's the problem?
*That's not my computer in the Product field. I just chose something so that the pull-down menu would disappear and let me type.