|Yes, I want to remove it because I have kids in the house. I tried this: |
Click Start, Run. Type GPEDIT.MSC and hit ENTER
User Configuration / Administrative Templates / Windows Components / Internet Explorer / InPrivate
Turn off InPrivate Browsing
When I tyed "GPEDIT.MSC", my computer said it could not find it.
I also tried doing this:
1) Right-click on your desktop and select "New"..."Text Document".
2) Name it to something like "IE8 IPSafeMode.reg"
Note the changed file extension from .txt to .reg
3) Save the change and if prompted tell Windows you know you changed the file extension to .reg
4) Right-click on the file you just made and select "Edit".
notepad should open
Copy the following text and paste it into that Notepad file:
Windows Registry Editor
(There should only be 4 lines so correct it in notepad to contain only 4 lines.... in this order......
Line 1 starts "windows registry......
Line 2 is open space
line 3 starts.." [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\.......
Line 4 starts "EnableInPrivateBrowsing"=dword:00000000
5) Save the file and then close it.
6) Double-click the file...you will be prompted .. if you want to add those changes into the Registry. Select Yes.
7) Reopen IE8 ....... InPrivate mode should now be disabled.
But when I double clicked on the file, nothing happened. It was still in the "edit" mode and I was never prompted to make those changes.