|Thank you in advance.|
1. I used the provided Gateway System Recovery CD/DVD to reformat my hard drive. This disk is the Windows XP Tablet PC Edition.
2. The disk was erased, all files copied from disk to hard drive, and I was prompted to restart.
Upon restart, the Gateway screen offers Boot Menu F10, or BIOS SettingsF2 options. I have entered neither, but allowed the boot to complete.
3. There is then a 'Press F11 to start recovery' which I pressed. [See below for results for when I did not press F11.] I am then presented with a Gateway logo, 'Please wait' screen. Which then opens the same System Recovery page as I had on the CD [CD is not loaded when this occurs, so it is booting from the hard drive. I presented with the same options of Full System Restore [Destuctive] or Full System Restore [with Backup]. I tried both on different occassions thinking it may be the right option. Each repeated the step listed in #2. But neither is correct.
4. If I do not press F11, I am presented with the added information "NTDLR is compressed. Press 'Ctrl_Alt_Del' to restart.".
5. I then pressed 'Ctrl+Alt+Del' only to go back to 'Press F11 to start recovery'.
Thank you for your help.