|- If the computer has less than 512MB RAM, it's going to run slowly.|
- If the CPU is overheating, it's going to run slowly.
- if both are taking place, the system will run extremely slowly.
- If the anti-vrius program you installed is a resource hog (such as Mcafee or Norton) & any of the above applies, the system is going to run slower than extremely slowly.
- If a ton of crap loads at startup (AIM, Yahoo, MSN,Google, iTunes, RealPlayer, QuickTime, Adobe, Java, printer, camera, scanner, etc), the system will boot slowly & run slowly.
- If all the above is taking place, the system will run even slower than "slower than extremely slowly"
- If no one has been maintaining the computer for the past couple of years & temp internet files, cookies, history files, temp files, etc have been allowed to accumulate AND the above are all taking place, the system is going to run so slowly that it will take hours to load software.