|I opened Windows help and typed in "enable file sharing"|
To enable file and printer sharing using the Network Setup Wizard
You must be logged on as an administrator or a member of the Administrators group in order to complete this procedure. If your computer is connected to a network, network policy settings might also prevent you from completing this procedure.
1. Run the Network Setup Wizard.
2. Click the connection method that applies for your computer.
3. Accept the default computer description and computer name.
4. Accept the default workgroup name. This name should match the workgroup name of the other computers that you want to share files with.
5. On the File and printer sharing page, do one of the following:
- To enable file and printer sharing, click Turn on file and printer sharing. Windows Firewall will be configured to allow file and printer sharing on your network.
- To disable file and printer sharing, click Turn off file and printer sharing. Windows Firewall will block file and printer sharing on your network. If you currently have shared files or printers, they will no longer be shared.
Complete the rest of the wizard.
It's amazing what one can find if one only tries.....