|To restore sound, install the Analog Devices ADI 198x Integrated Audio drivers on a Dell OptiPlex GX260 computer with Microsoft WindowsXP. You should use Dell OptiPlex ResourceCD Version 5.02 - 5.03|
1. Insert the Dell OptiPlex ResourceCD into the CD or DVD drive.
The OptiPlex AMF ResourceCD window appears.
2. Click Next.
3. On the System Model menu, click Optiplex GX260.
4. On the Operating System menu, click Windows XP.
5. On the Topic menu, click Drivers.
6. Click the Analog Devices ADI 198x Integrated Audio.
The Driver Documentation window will appear.
7. Click the Extract button.
The Driver Version window menu appears.
8. Click Continue.
The Dell Computer Self-Extracting Driver Installation window appears.
9. Click OK to extract the files to C:\dell\drivers\ R41863.
The message Folder 'C:\dell\Drivers\ R41863\' does not exist. Do you want to create it? appears.
NOTE: If the application was already installed the message Folder 'C:\dell\Drivers\ R41863' already exists. Do you want to overwrite it? appears. If so, click the Yes to All button.
10. Click the Yes button.
The Dell Software Installation Documentation window appears.
11. Click the Install Now button.
A window with the following message appears: You are downloading the file: setup.exe from C:\dell\drivers\R41863
12. Click Open and an InstallShield Wizard window will appear.
13. Click Next.
14. Follow the wizard to complete the installation of the Analog Devices ADI 198x Integrated Audio.
15. When prompted to restart the computer, click Yes.
What NICdo you have in that Computer?