|Final update on this thread.|
The source of my problems was a file named "req.dat"
I found that file using HiJack This. It is hidden like a legitimate protected system file.
To remove it, first I went in Folder Options and unchecked "Hide protected operating system files" (1) and also unchecked "Use simple file sharing" (2)
The file is located in system32 folder. (1) will enable you to see it. Right click on it, and you will see a new tab (Security), courtesy of (2).
In the list, select System and Deny everything to it. This will help you delete the file after a reboot. Since the file won't be protected anymore, on reboot, the system won't be able to use it, leaving you with the satisfaction of removing it.
Just to be sure, I went in the Registry and removed every req.dat entries.
Rebooted one last time, and now my IE is just doing fine, no more slow down, no more hang, no more freezing, no more problem.
Last word: never give up. It may be hard, but sooner or later, every problem CAN be solved!
Smumdax, signing out.