How to log off outlook express identities

May 11, 2009 at 06:59:42
Specs: Windows XP
My outlook express wont log off identity when I shut off my computer. I have outlook express set up to ask for a password for identities but sometimes it does not ask which makes my emails vulnerable. I would like to make it more secure without installing any third party software on my computer. Any help will be really appreciated

See More: How to log off outlook express identities

Report •


#1
May 11, 2009 at 07:50:26
No you must log off yourself as it will always open to the default main identity when opened.

Read this and it will explain how to log off and the proper procedures. It is down towards the bottom of the article...

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/209169

Change Is Good
http://www.citizenlink.org/Stopligh...


Report •

#2
May 11, 2009 at 08:14:35
Thank you for replying but I always turn my computer off at night and I never close outlook express or any opened application I have running. All my every day use software I set up to start when I start windows. When I click to check my emails which I use Outlook Express it asks my for my password for about 90% of the time and leaving 10% vulnerable which bothers me. I do not understand why this 10% randomly behave.

Report •

#3
May 11, 2009 at 21:16:35
It is an issue with microsoft that happens....NOTE: If you do not log off from your current identity before you quit Outlook Express, you may not be able to log on by using a different identity. In addition, other people may be able to start Outlook Express by using your identity, even if you set a password for your identity. To work around this issue, log off from the current identity before you quit Outlook Express.

To log off from the current identity:

1. On the File menu, click Switch Identity.
2. Verify that the current identity is selected, click Log Off Identity, and then click Yes.

After you perform these steps, the next time that you start Outlook Express you are prompted to select an identity.

Change Is Good
http://www.citizenlink.org/Stopligh...


Report •

Related Solutions


Ask Question