When you installed the card did you uninstall old video card drivers before installing the nVidia GeForce FX 5200?
Straight after you had the card fully installed before running the game was the resolution 1600 by 1200 and icons shown?
- No, I am afraid I didn't do that. I installed the drivers that came with the Video Card CD as soon as XP booted up and recognized the new card.
- Prior to running the Game, the resolution was on 1600 x 1200. When the game was ran, it was defaulted as 1600 x 1200, but I changed it to 800 x 600 within the game.
- Icons looked ok before and after the game ran. It is after shutting down (last night) and restarting (this morning) that this whole fiasco happened.
See if you can gain access to the Display Properties, and change the resolution back to 1600 by 1200 in the settings tab.
- That was one of the first things I have tried with the little amount of time I have this morning. The dialogue windows simply does not show up on the screen for me to make changes to settings (as noted in my first post)
As for the icons that are gone, the icons that are gone are they the default desktop icons eg, My Documents, Internet Explore or are they ones you have added?
If it is all icons that are gone including the ones you have added then try this:
Boot to safe mode and open regedit,
Check to see if the value is set to 1 if so change it to 0 and restart
- It was everything that was gone. As I've noted in my 2nd post up there, my desktop now looks similar to: Right-click on Desktop -> Arrange Icons -> Show Desktop Icons (Unchecked) with the dialogue windows not being displayed.
Could there be an NVidia setting that has something to do with this?