My bad about forgetting that XP Home doesn't use GPEDIT.msc.
Here is what I was able to come up with:
1) Right-click on your desktop and select "New"..."Text Document".
2) Name it to something like "IE8 IPSafeMode.reg"
Note the changed file extension from .txt to .reg
3) Save the change and if prompted tell Windows you know you changed the file extension to .reg
4) Right-click on the file you just made and select "Edit".
notepad should open
Copy the following text and paste it into that Notepad file:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
(There should only be 4 lines so correct it in notepad to contain only 4 lines.... in this order......
Line 1 starts "windows registry......
Line 2 is open space
line 3 starts.." [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\.......
Line 4 starts "EnableInPrivateBrowsing"=dword:00000000
5) Save the file and then close it.
6) Double-click the file...you will be prompted .. if you want to add those changes into the Registry. Select Yes.
7) Reopen IE8 ....... InPrivate mode should now be disabled.
Change Is Good