|Hello! Follow the steps below to remedy the above error message. The steps below involve editing the Windows Registry. Please backup the Registry before making any edits.|
1. Open the Registry Editor by clicking "Start > Run". Type in "regedit" without the quotes and click "OK".
2. Export a backup copy of your Registry in case problems occur during the following procedures by going to:
Windows 2000, and ME: Registry menu > Export registry file.
Windows XP: File > Export Registry File.
3. Save this file to the Windows Desktop and name the file "backup". (Keep "backup" for a few days and if all is well, this file can be deleted.)
4. Browse to the following key:
* HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ScanSoft\PaperPort Desktop Group\Desktops\Desktop1
* Note: If the "Desktop1" key does not exist, make the following change to one of the other Desktop Keys (ie. "Desktop0").
5. Right click on "StandardDesktop" value on the right.
6. Choose "Modify".
7. Under "Value Data" change the "0" to a "1" and click "OK".
8. Close out of the Registry Editor and Reboot.
The error above will no longer be present when opening Image Retriever.
Thanks and regards,