|Unfortunatly I do not believe that to be the case, thanks for the reply. It's a recent build. 250gb bootdrive and a 500gb storage drive, both with plenty of space.|
What I do not understand is it seems unrelated to heat/cpu intensity etc. The only difference is when it happens in a game the game crashes and needs a reboot. If it happens when using the net it can recover if I leave the computer alone for 5 minutes.
Here is the events that unfold:
1. Computer hangs, in game or just windows.
2. The mouse cursor can still move
3. If I click the mouse button roughly 6 times, the computer beeps and then the mouse stops.
4. 3 seconds later another beep, and the mouse cursor has moved to where it should have moved to before it beeped.
5. Repeat number 4 until unhangs
It's almost like it is a problem with the message queue that gets filled up with commands and it's one in one out, a bit like if you queue up too many key presses in dos.