I have a problem with unexpected shutting down of my computer.
I'm running XP Pro with 4 gig of ram and plenty of free HDD space. 2009 version of Nortons Internet security, the latest patches and updates from Windows and Nortons.
So far I have tried the following:-
1. cleaned internally of dust
2. removed and reseated all cards
3. checked all computer cabling..unplugged and re-plugged.
4. removed RAM and reseated
5. replaced CPU fan
6. replaced power supply
7. run REGCURE
7. re-installed Windows XP Pro full clean install.
8. installed UPS
9. opened case and set up external fan for extra cooling.
10. replaced HDD
11. last resort....considered suicide.
After all the above, the system still shuts down for no reason. Sometimes it will restart after I switch back on... other times I must wait an hour or so...
You'd save my life if someone could please help....
Very best regards,