|I am trying to establish a dial-up coonection for someone who can't receive broadband.|
Tried connecting from their home, and despite playing with the modem config a bit, couldn't escape the Error 680 or 678 messages.
The Modem is a Best Data Data Fax Modem 18.104.22.168.
I have brought the PC home and have tried the following:
1. Tried connecting from here - Same messages
2. Tried connecting to a phone - No dial tone.
3. Downloaded updated drivers - No change.
4. Uninstalled and reinstalled modem - No difference.
5. Disconnected and reseated modem unit in a different slot. - No change
6. Tried removing "Dial Tone Wait" - Nil Point!
This is a failrly old XP desktop. It's not mine so I can't say how old it is, but it was built, not bought.
I'm at the point where I believe the modem must be naff, but I'm not convinced I've exhausted all avenues yet.
Any thoughts or comments please?