|Windows XP error "The style of the INF is different than what was requested." How do I correct this?|
I cannot reinstall my Belkin Wireless G Desktop Card. After replacing the power supply in my PC, the PC did not recognize the wireless G adapter that I've been using for more than a year. Here's what I have and have done.
1) Windows XP Pro SP3
2) Belkin Wireless G Desktop Card (P5D7000 v4000)
3) I've completely removed the Belkin software utility with each attempt to reinstall.
4) I've tried all the PCI slots in the PC on different install attempts.
5) I have successfully installed the card in a different PC to make sure it still works.
6) I have downloaded the latest software utility and drivers for the adapter from Belkin.com.
7) I've cleaned the registry with ccleaner.
Yet after 1st installing the Belkin software and utilities, then shutting down and installing the card, when I boot up to add the drivers, I get the message "The style of the INF is different than what was requested."
1) The card works.
2) Windows is up to date.
3) The drivers are the latest. (The drivers from the CD that came with the card give the same results.)