Broadcasting TV from PC... Possible

Toshiba Notebooks
May 26, 2006 at 06:54:40
Specs: Windows XP 64bit, Pentium 1000MHZ, 128MB RA

OK now. Is it possible to broadcast TV signals from a PC?
I do not want the broadcast to be tooo big. Just want the broadcast to reach 4 TV sets situated approx. 100-200 feet away.
Is this possible using an antenna? Is there some way that I broadcast the signals using radio waves from antenna and then when I tune my TV, it catches the signals?

I am NOT looking for wireless PC to TV devices for two reasons..
(1)They are expensive ($175 to $300)
This is what I am NOT looking for:


I came up with an idea... Just wanted to know whether it will work or not :

Stuff needed : RF Modulator, Antenna that came with my TV SET, TV Tuner Card, Notebook PC.

The working:
I have an antenna that cam with my LG TV And one which came with my Sony TV .....
If I hookup my Notebook PC with a TV tuner card, and then using an RF Modulator, connect my TV Tuner's Audio and Video cables to the Antenna.... Will the broadcasting work?
If I then try tuning my TVs... will this work ?

I need help from the Techie's out there!

See More: Broadcasting TV from PC... Possible

Report •

May 26, 2006 at 07:09:44

It would be nice to clarify the purpose for someone to give you an intelligible response.

Are you trying to broadcast TV content (movies/shows) that you've downloaded on to your computer to other TV's in the house for watching?

Computer Components

Report •

May 26, 2006 at 07:34:37

Yes... thats what I want... But I want to broadcast using an Antenna...
Something like when I tune my TV (VHS or UHS), the broadcast from my PC also shows up!

Suggest please!

Report •

May 26, 2006 at 08:06:42

Unfortunately you can't do that, unless I'm missing something.

Computer Components

Report •

Related Solutions

May 26, 2006 at 09:04:28

not sure if this is what you are trying to do but this works for me and my son. and its not wireless.

PC TVtuner card output connect to vcr input.
vcr output to a cable splitter
splitter branches to my tv and my sons.

whatever my PC broadcasts out shows up on both tvs.

you need a tv tuner card that has video out connections. some coax cable and a splitter. and whatever connection cables(SVHS-RCA etc..)that both the video card OUT and vcr IN require. then coax from vcr to splitter and coax from splitter to tvs

Report •

May 26, 2006 at 09:14:33

after re-reading what you posted I am not sure exactly what you mean by not using wireless yet using radio waves. seems a contradiction to me. but the method I described allows both of our tvs to see a PC broadcast. and it didn't cost much for the cables and splitter.

hope that helps in some way.

Report •

May 26, 2006 at 10:15:56

You could use a lan and stream the tv output to pc's !!!

Report •

May 26, 2006 at 20:56:28

The IPTV show Hak.5 did a segment on something like that. The way they had it set up was through there cable box, so when they tuned their TV to a specific channel, whatever was broadcasting from the PC showed up on the TV's. It was pretty cool.

Report •

May 27, 2006 at 00:18:29

None of what you guys suggested is what i want !

I want to broadcast from PC to TV in a way that when I manually tune my TV, the broadcast from my PC shows up !

Report •

May 27, 2006 at 07:04:50

It is not possible to do what you want with the setup you have described as an RF modulator requires a wired connection into a device. The antenna connection you see when reading a description of an RF modulator refers to connecting a coax cable to the TV, not transmitting over the air. To do what you want you would need to find a transmitter that broadcasts on the channels that your TV can pick up.

Report •

May 27, 2006 at 07:23:35

Can you tell me abt any such transmitters?
Any link would help!

Report •

May 27, 2006 at 10:30:54

To my knowledge any commercial tranmitters that would broadcast directly to your TV would cost more than the devices you had listed in your first post. You can do a search for "build your own tv transmitter" as there is a way to do what you want with what you have suggested by adding "A Ham Radio 6-meter Band Linear amplifier".

Report •

Ask Question