|Hello again, I've re-examined the PDF manual and discovered in section c information on the SATA/RAID install. Below is what the instructions read:|
Installing the RAID Driver (for bootable RAID Array)
1. After you complete the RAID BIOS setup, boot from the Windows CD, and the Windows XP Setup program starts.
2. Press F6 and wait for the Windows Setup screen to appear.
3. Insert the floppy that contains the RAID driver, press the “S” key to select “Specify
Note: for Windows Vista, you can copy the SATA driver to a medium (floppy/CD/ DVD or USB)
4. When prompted, insert the floppy disk and press Enter.
For Windows Vista:
During the operating system installation, after selecting the location to install
Windows Vista, please click on the “Load Driver” button to load RAID driver.
5. You should be shown a list of available SCSI Adapters.
6. Select the compatible RAID controller for 32-bit/ 64-bit version system and then
7. The next screen should confirm that you have selected the RAID controller.
Press ENTER again to continue.
8. You have successfully installed the RAID driver, and Windows setup should
9. Leave the disk in the floppy drive until the system reboots itself. Windows setup will need to copy the files from the floppy again after the RAID volume is formatted,and Windows setup starts copying files.
Please follow the instruction below to make a SATA RAID driver for yourself.
1. Insert the MSI DVD into the DVD-ROM drive.
2. Click the “Browse CD” on the Setup screen.
3. Copy all the contents in the:*
for Windows XP:
* for Windows Vista:
\\ChipSet\AMD\VISTA\Packages\Drivers\SBDrv\SB7xx\RAID\ x86 (for 32bit) or x64(for 64bit)
4. The driver disk for RAID controller is done.
I hope this information has been helpful for others as it has been for me.
Thanks to those who replied