|I'm facing a problem using USB with my Lenovo Laptop.|
I can provoke the problem in the following way:
1. Boot up my computer
2. Insert USB flash stick (doesn't matter which size nor make. Also seen when inserting a USB hub)
3. Pull out the USB device (doesn't matter if I select "safely remove..." or just pull
4. Insert the same, or another USB device into ANY USB port on the computer.
5. Nothing happens. No hard drive activity saying "hey I found your flash stick - I'll assign a drive for it" - no error saying there was a problem with the USB you just inserted. I also do not get any strange icons in "device manager".
6. If I boot the machine I'll be able to attach a USB again.
The really strange thing is that this is happening on a somewhat new Lenovo T400 computer, but I experienced the exact same thing on my old T42.
Does anybody have ANY idea of what to do? As I've seen it on two computers now, it'd appear that reinstalling XP won't be of any use either.