what kvm switch do i need

April 9, 2009 at 22:00:44
Specs: Windows Vista
hi i was wanting to know what kvm switch i would need to use 2 monitors-keyboards and mice on one tower and where can i purchase?? Thank You for any help FYI one will be upstairs and the other will be down

See More: what kvm switch do i need

Report •

April 9, 2009 at 22:40:46
The ide of a kvm switch is to be able to use 1 monitor 1 keyboard and 1 mouse on 2 computers.
These usually come with about 5-6 feet cable.
I doubt you will be able to get cables long enough for your purpose, video cables are not designed to handle such distances and usb may be available, 5 metre ones are around, but performance could be problamatical.
A better option may be PC Remote Control Software, Google it for more information.

Report •

April 9, 2009 at 22:59:27
Thank You for the help I will and let all know what i find out

Report •

Related Solutions

Ask Question