|For starters, a system restore & factory recovery are 2 completely different things. |
"I have a toshiba equium a300d and i want to do a factory restore. I turn off the pc and restart hitting the f8 key"
Try the following:
- start with the laptop powered off
- press and hold the 0 (zero) key & at the same time, tap the power button once
- when it starts beeping, release the 0 key
- when prompted, select Yes to continue with the recovery
- select 'Recovery of Factory Default Software' & click Next
- select 'Recover to out-of-box state' & click Next
- click Next to Start the recovery
Be aware that you will most likely lose all your files so hopefully you have backups of any important or irreplaceable data (photos, videos, word docs, etc).