|From the manual:|
1. Turn on the computer. When the Dell logo appears, press <F8> several times to access the Vista Advanced Boot Options Window.
NOTE: If the operating system logo appears, wait until you see the Microsoft® Windows® desktop; then, shut down your computer and try again.
2. Select Repair Your Computer.
3. The System Recovery Options window appears.
4. Select a keyboard layout and click Next.
5. To access the recovery options, log on as a local user. To access the command prompt, type administrator in the User name field, then click OK.
6. Click Dell Factory Image Restore. The Dell Factory Image Restore welcome screen appears.
NOTE: Depending upon your configuration, you may need to select Dell Factory Tools, then Dell Factory Image Restore.
7. Click Next. The Confirm Data Deletion screen appears.
8. Select the check box to confirm that you want to continue reformatting the hard drive and restoring the system software to the factory condition, then click Next.
The restore process begins.....