Help!! Com Offed By It Selfd

Compad / DUN KNOW
December 30, 2008 at 15:08:15
Specs: Windows Vista, 3GB ram
Brought This Com at 16 June 2008.
Problem start on 26th.
My PC works ok until 26th. The Pc will just hang there and out of sudden just switch off by it self leaving just the powerbutton Light on. I need to hold it for 3 secs to off it just like normal com.
I took off the PC casing and smell no burning smell. Any comments on this?

See More: Help!! Com Offed By It Selfd

Report •

December 30, 2008 at 16:47:49
Com is short for computer ? It's a Compaq computer ? It should still be under warranty. It sounds like it might be a power supply issue or overheating-let Compaq look into it.

Report •

December 30, 2008 at 17:06:53
thanks for the reply kx5m2g. After I added Ram on the 1st day i Brought, I guess the warrenty Is void as the VOID STICKER is broken. Maybe I did not give more details. Heres some more details. The PC does not have any burning smell. The PC can be switch on. But after a while it will hang and everything is shut off except the Power Button is still on. FAN & HDD have stopped too.

Report •

January 1, 2009 at 08:34:39
Your computer is over heating somewhere or it may be a bad PSU.

Do this to find out:

Leave the side panel of the computer case off and point a house fan blowing into the computer. Turn the computer on and if it turn off by itself then I would get a new PSU preferably one with more power.

And if it does not turn off you need to put some fans in that box.

oh make sure your fan on your heatsink on your CPU is working.

Report •

Related Solutions

Ask Question