|cant install vista after kill disk pro|
Ive been Googling and reading forums for weeks and Im getting nowhere fast and Im desperate for help!
Long story short, (hopefully) I recently discovered our home network had been hacked in to. I read that just formatting your hdd with windows doesnt completely erase all of the data so I used Active@killdisk pro DOD 3 pass to erase the Hdd, all partions, and hp recovery partition. Before I erased anything I called hp and explained to them what I needed to do, and they said they would send me the System Recovery Discs for my pc. So I get the discs and they just refuse to install and i have no idea why... I called hp back and they confirmed the discs they sent me were correct for my system and that i probably had a bad hdd and told me to run a test on it.(Sooo much help!) anyway All tests to hdd, memory, check out fine. Also, My internal hdd is visible in bios.. and my usb cd/dvd seems to be working fine (i tried it on another computer)
So Heres the rundown:
1) I boot from a usb cdrom and its first to boot in bios.
2) It proceeds to "windows is loading files" and runs all the way through.
3) screen goes black with curser blinking in top left corner
4) Microsoft Corp.sign with Green loading bar runs briefly
5) Blue Screen with error: Error 1012. If the Issue continues, please contact HP Support (which i did and they were no help at all because my warranty is long over due)
So here i am... Can someone please help. I do not have the money to buy a new pc and Hp is no help at all.. other then telling me my hdd is bad (when i dont believe it is) and trying to sell me another one of which i cant afford right now either.
Things i've ran and tried :
- D.loaded and burnt Hirens Boot cd 15.1 (from a laptop)
- tried to format/partition using some utilities from hirens cd but cant seem to get them to work correctly. (parted magic, minitool partition, gparted)
- ran WD/data Lifeguard Diag. (Everything passes)
- ran Wd/data Lifeguard Diag. and did Full Erase with Zeros
- ran HDD test v4.20 ( no errors, perfect)
- ran Hard Disk Sentinel dos ( no errors, perfect)
- ran Memtest 86 (no errors, perfect health)
- Unplugged HDD
- Re seated all Ram
- Tried Ram 1 by 1 (in slot closests to CPU)
- Removed CMOS battery
- Reset Bios with jumpers
- Disconnect internal cd rw drive (its broke so i just disconnected)
Im sure theres more I just forgot to write them all down Please if some of you Smart computer peeps can help with any suggestions, etc. I would GREATLY APPRECIATE IT before I loose my mind!! lol... There has to be a solution.. Its probably something simple and im just too dumb to figure it out.. lol...Im not sure what all info one might need to help me, so Im just going to list everything I can find..
HP sent me Vista Home premium Recovery Discs and a Supplemental Recovery disc.. ??
HP Pavilion Desktop a1700n
Config- AMD Athlon 64X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+
Cache Ram- 512kb X2
Installed Memory- 3072mb/PC2-4200
Bank 1 1024mb/ddr2 sdram
Bank 2 1024mb/ddr2 sdram
Bank 3 512mb/ddr2 sdram
Bank 4 512mb/ddr2 sdram
HDD 250 GB WDC WD2500JS- 60NCB1 Sata (Internal)
Serial # WD-WCANKA846828
BIOS- Phoenix Awardbios cmos
bios revision: 5.07 3/19/07
core version: 6.0
model #: a1700n
product #: RK572AA-ABA
build Id: 71NAv3PrA4
Motherboard- A8M2N-LA (NodusM3)
CD-rom: USB-CDR0M0 Sony DVD RW DRU-840A SS01
Update: I tried installing Os with an internal PATA cd-rom that I borrowed.. now all i get Is a
black screen with a blinking curser in top left corner. :(