|I will try to be brief and concise in explaining my issue. Please bear with me.|
First of all, I have tried to access help with Microsoft as I am not supposed to have to pay. However, when I have tried to submit via email, I just get an error messages saying that it is down and try again later (this has been the same message for about a month) and the telephone number doesn't actually connect you to a person that you can speak to. Although it is not even an option now since I cannot open ANY product in the Microsoft suite to get the ID number.
With that behind me, here is my issue.
- about 6 weeks ago Excel (ONLY excel) would not open. The "preparing to install" window would come up and then it would have an error saying it couldn't be installed. This was a bit out of the blue as I had not updated anything or downloaded anything new.
- Microsoft help database suggested uninstalling and then reinstalling from disc.
----------attempts to uninstall did not work. Uninstall Programs couldn't uninstall fully. Using the windows download to uninstall programs did not fully work either.
- I tried to just reinstall (from original purchased disc) and that doesn't work either. No error code comes up, it simply says "Microsoft Home and Student 2007 has encountered an error during set up. " This happens both from disc and from the trial version of Home and Office 2007 download from Microsoft.
- I download the Office 2007 Professional trial simply because I needed to get work done and that worked fine. Of course, I am unable to keep it as the trial has ended.
- I have already tried manual uninstall as outlined in Microsoft help database. I have used a program called "RipOutOffice2007". This is, of course, in hopes of getting everything off of my computer from Office 2007 that was there in case that is what is causing the issue with not being able to reinstall.
- I am now trying "Mr Fix it" as one Microsoft help article suggested to do, but it is just looping and not actually completing it's task. (Goes to Stage #3 "Msiexec.exe")
I don't know what to try next. I would rather not have to reformat my computer (which is what some articles suggest) if I really do not have to.
Any help would be, of course, very appreciated.
Also, I suppose it would be worth noting that NONE of the Microsoft Office products are working now.
Windows Edition: Vista Home Premium - Service Pack 2
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5200+ 2.60 GHz
Memory (RAM): 2.0 GB
System Type: 32 bit operating system